Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 345 - 12/10/12

I'm not a fan of still-life (al la objet d'art) or "stuff" photography.  First, I'm not very good at indoor photography, so I'm jealous when I see others excel in that genre.  Second, it's stuff and not nearly as fascinating to me as God-made creations.  But sometimes you have to settle.  The Christmas season is very busy when you're involved with church work and there's little time between work and activities to find a fascinating outside sight.  Tonight I attended my Sunday School party where we played "Dirty Santa."  That's always so much fun.  I took a snow globe with frilly floating snow and beautiful music in the hopes that I would bring it home, but those ladies played dirty!  It was gone before I had a chance to snatch it.  Thankfully, I ended up with the second best item of the night, a Lenox glass angel with a battery-operated changing color light.  Yay!

Texture by Kim Klassen Cafe.

6 comments:

Annesta said...

Oh Laura, that is very, very beautiful. The still shot is nice too.

Juliana said...

Beautiful!
so cool light!

Have a great week!

xoxo, Juliana | PJ’ Happies :) | PJ’ Ecoproject

'Tsuki said...

Un ange passe... Il faut faire toute la lumière sur ce silence d'or !

S. Etole said...

Such a pretty angel. I have a small angel collection that I enjoy throughout the year.

Shaun Gibbs said...

Thats a beautiful light, and im digging that textured overlay.

SKC said...

So pretty.