Monday, November 26, 2012

Day 331 - 11/26/12

I woke up at my Mom's to a chilly, cloudy morning.  I can only imagine the scenic sunrise just a few miles south at Gulf Shores.  It had to be spectacular.  Mornings like this are simple reminders of why my Dad loved the old homeplace.  Sitting upon a small hill, with an always cool breeze, he could settle into the front porch and be treated to fabulous sunrises while listening to the distant crowing of a rooster welcoming the day.  Missing you, Dad.

12 comments:

nance said...

my father-in-law calls these buttermilk clouds.

Justine said...

wow that is a truly amazing beautiful sky

Sacha said...

Quel magnifique coucher de soleil !
Bonne journée Laura
Sacha

Tina´s PicStory said...

what a wonderful sentimental post! ♥

Tina´s PicStory said...

what a wonderful sentimental post! ♥

bailey-road.com said...

Beautiful.

Lisa Gordon said...

What an amazing sky this is, Laura.
Beautiful capture!

Linda R said...

Such a heartfelt post. Another beautiful photo my friend.

Scott said...

Wow, Laura you really caught a beauty here. Wonderful texture and I love the blue peeking through.

Marias Tusen og en Natt said...

Wonderful background for your memories about your Dad

Kristin said...

oh my goodness! this is just amazing and so breathtaking!! loving this and loving your words about your dad... so sweet!

Anita Johnson said...

Very sweet reminder, isn't it?